KGP Packaging

When I first began putting together my packaging, I wanted something that left my clients feeling special.  I knew I wanted more than just handing someone a Disc and calling it a day.  I am a die-hard researcher, so this process took many months.  There were so many things to consider.  What would my colors be?  What should my logo look like?  Where do I even purchase boxes?  Should I go green?  No matter what the question…I think I pulled all aspects together nicely. 
 
I started with the Logo.  I felt this was the most important and the one thing that would remain consistent throughout my career.  I knew I wanted something more on the vintage side.  That’s when my friend Roxy and owner of Stella Jewelry suggested I look into Michelle Baron.  She had illustrated a blog header for her and she was very pleased.  I will save my experience creating my logo and blog header in a later blog; however, I felt it important to state that this was the beginning for everything. 
 
 

Once I had the logo down, it was time to choose packaging materials.  I knew I wanted it to feel quirky and vintage with a hint of country.  I also knew I wanted to use green products as much as possible.  That’s when I heard about Scott with Packaging Works.  During our first meeting we spent a long time going through many storage boxes.  Believe it or not finding the perfect Kraft Box is more difficult than you think.  It had to be sturdy enough to hold things like prints and photo albums.  I settled on large Kraft boxes. These were the perfect size for the Kraft folders I found at Kraft and Jute.  I loved how they had multiple pockets to store all the important things.  To tie the closed package together I chose a robin’s egg blue and Kraft raffia.


 
When it came to Disc storage I had a few options.  I finally chose these metal tins with a clear window.  I felt it was a great “go green” option because it was sturdy, would never bend, was easy to clean,, and could be reused or store  up to 5 CD’s inside.   I also went with a chocolate brown recycled crinkle paper to fill the boxes. 
 
 
I enclose a handful of business cards tied together with twine to make it easier to refer me.
 
 
I also include a tri-fold pamphlet for future sessions or to give out. 


Your package includes an Image Release so that you can print your images anytime.  I chose a thick Kraft paper for this.  Although I include the print release on your disc…I like to have a signed copy as well. 
 
 
I offer a Referral Program, because let’s face it word of mouth is key in this business.  The more past clients refer me…the more credits you receive. These are given out to any past client.   


I also wanted to offer a special treat with all my packages.  I considered cookies, brownies, to mini Coke bottles.  I then thought it may be cool to have personalized M&M’s.  I was able to use the camera from my logo.  I also chose to have words like cheese, thank you, and smile placed on them.  I love chocolate…so this was my favorite part and I feel ties everything together nicely.   
So there you have it!  KGP packaging! 

Over time I plan to add a bit more to these packages, but it’s a work in progress and will happen eventually.  I’ve considered magnet calendars, bookmarks, and pens.  Until then…I am very pleased to show off my packaging and provide a true boutique experience. 
 
 
Logo by:  Michelle Baron
 
Kraft Boxes, Tags, Raffia, and Crinkle paper by: Packaging Works
 
Kraft Multi-Pocket Folders,Kraft Printer Paper by:  Kraft and Jute
 
Tin Disc Case by: Am-Digital Packaging
Disc, Luxe Business Cards, Tri-Fold Brochure, and Scalloped Edge Referral Cards by:  Millers Lab
Personalized M&M’s by:  My M&Ms
Photo Props & Table by:  Plantagenet Rose


Comments

Popular Posts